London (South East)
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the overall operational, commercial, and health & safety management of various projects ranging from approx. £50k to £3.5m. You will take the project from contract award to successful completion.
- You will be responsible for subcontractor and supplier procurement, driving best value.
- You will be responsible for programming to ensure that jobs are completed to agreed timescales in accordance with strict contract requirements.
- You will be responsible for Contract valuation and maintaining cashflow.
- You will be responsible for compiling subcontractor accounts and certifying payments to them.
- Ultimately responsible for delivering contract quality your duties will include onsite inspection and control, together with snagging and rectification before offering up to the Client.
- Working with our HSEQ Manager you will ensure that the company complies with all Health & Safety requirements, e.g. appropriate RAMS, PPE and Site inductions, and any CDM obligations.
- You will ensure the company is fully compliant with the requirements of the Considerate Constructor Scheme where applicable.
- You will understand and operate within our Clients' relevant Codes of Conduct and working procedures.
- You will ensure sites are well presented, tidy, and fully equipped including arranging or picking up material deliveries and arranging waste clearance
Requirements of the role:
- A trade or construction-related background
- A commercial mind-set.
- Experience of managing client relationships
- Ability to generate quotes and proposals
- Financial management of each project, monitoring costings and profit margin in line with agreed targets
- Excellent time management
- An excellent people person with the ability to effectively communicate with all parties, i.e. from tradespeople, subcontractors, other Standage staff, to the client and their representatives
- "CSCS Manager" card holder or similar
- Excellent practical knowledge of common IT packages, mainly MS Word, Excel and use of email.
- Full and clean driving licence.