Fortran Simulation Developer
£45k- £65k, Glasgow
Are you a Mathematical Modeller professional with a track record of delivering useful mathematical solutions for industrial applications, looking for a great new role?
We're looking for a Senior or Principal, to work on the development of our client's portfolio of risk and reliability products, which analyse the reliability and efficiency of oil fields, refineries and process plants and highlight critical areas for improvement. If this sounds like you, read on!
You'll be expected to;
- Design and develop clean, scalable and testable code against an agreed specification.
- Apply critical interpretation of business requirements as specified by Product Management.
- Develop Technical Proposals on new projects.
- Actively contribute to the agile development process, including project planning and review meetings.
- Be innovative and share your opinions to implement new ideas and use new technologies.
- Be able to articulate your ideas to shape the company's engineering processes and technology direction.
You will have skills and experience in;
- Ideally a degree or PhD including mathematical modelling in a relevant subject (ideally in an engineering field, mathematics, physics or chemical engineering);
- A track record of developing useful mathematical solutions or models;
- Good programming skills in Fortran with other languages such as C++ or C#;
- Experience of developing for a cloud platform, preferably Azure;
- Development is mainly on Windows but experience of developing on Linux would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, whether to the engineering team, to business stakeholders or to our leadership team.
Why this role?
The client we are working with is committed to offering plenty of opportunities for personal and professional growth and development. With a competitive salary, lifestyle and wellbeing benefits, this is a great role to achieve your personal goals.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above, or send an email to Tom at: email@example.com to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.