We are working for one of Scotland's multi utility contractor who provide a range of Electric, Water and Gas design and installation services both in private and public sectors across the UK. Working across a broad spectrum including Industrial, Commercial and Domestic sectors. They are looking to recruit a MU Design Manager to join an established team.
Job Title: Multi Utility Design Manager
- Provision of proposed Gas, Water & Electrical Designs and Technical and costing authorisation of the MU designers proposals
- Management of the design team including resource and people management of the team
- Are familiar with the Company Health, Safety and Environmental Policy and the arrangements for Health and Safety;
- Allocation of workloads within the team
- Management of the CAD department to ensure compliance with current industry standards of new design proposals, as built information and other ad hoc duties as required
- Will undertake design duties for simple water mains designs, complex water mains designs (Complex designs to be checked by Technical Advisor) and maintain/update water main design procedures in line with current standards and legislation.
- Ensure compliance with NERS, GIRS and WIRS within the design / CAD team
- Design approval for electric and water direct
- Design approval for gas with the incumbent
- Assistance where required on special utility projects out with the normal MU work streams
- Design based upon the appropriate network tools such as Gas Works/ Windeb
- Ensure the most cost effective multi utility solution is designed consistent with gas, electric and water standards
- Maintain records of the progress of each design in respect to progress, communication, notices, change control etc
- Maintain all design records including calculations and assumptions made in order that they be amended where required if changes to layouts, house types etc are encountered
- Where necessary technical and cost checks on others designs
- Carry out the Construction Hand over meetings with approved drawings allowing operations enough information to execute the work safely
- Cost estimates in line with the current commercial procedures
- Carry out the relevant tasks for the NERS/WIRS/GIRS audits
- Will be responsible for carrying out quality audits on water main laying teams to ensure quality or work and vans are properly kitted out and materials stored in a safe manner
- Any other duties may be required that fall within the role competencies.
We look forward to receiving your application.