In the UK the company has 14 locations hiring hundreds of people to work on challenging projects with complex Health, Safety and Environmental issues. Their client base includes local and central government and global institutions.
They are looking to employ and internal consultant to work with the UK business who are engaged in strategic risk assessments, IMS and training. Your will report into the managing principal but will also support the H&S Director for Europe and Africa in his duties.
In addition you will look at opportunities to engage in client consulting services to support the continuously expanding consultancy division.
- Ensuring that H&S legislation is incorporated into the business
- Ensuring policy and best practice are demonstrated and followed
- Identifying budgetary and other resource requirements
- Chairing our UK HS Forum and representing the UK in the European meetings
- Developing and support specific H&S business plans
- Conducting risk assessments and developing safe practices
- Assessing internal training needs and developing system to support this
- Supporting the EUA director in his duties
- Act as a conduit for communication with the HSE executive
- acting as a contact point for clients in respect of specific HS issues
- Degree level qualification
- CMIOSH (or clear evidence of a plan to achieve this)
- Highly competent working knowledge of UK Health, Safety and Welfare issues
- Proven ability and aptitude to interact with staff at a range of levels
- A full UK drivers licence and eligibility to work in the UK.
- Provision of realistic, cost-effective on-site HS advice
- Excellent knowledge of UK HS legislation
- Preparation of written and electronic reports
- Experience of developing new business
- Growing consultancy working on national projects
- Company employs over 12,000 experts
- Great opportunity to network with specialists