Natural Capital - Principal Consultant
A newly created position has arisen for a Principal Consultant - Natural Capital. You will be supporting the Head of Water in this newly created position as the Principal Consultant - Natural Capital. Ideally you will have experience building a client base, winning new business and growing a team. This will be a rewarding position and will offer a chance to grow and develop a team underneath you.
Currently developing a range of tools to support the assessment of Natural Capital and Ecosystem Services. Focusing on the needs of the Water Industry across the UK to support their business planning. This requires a combination of skills to understand and evaluate natural capital elements and supporting ecosystem services associated with a range of programmes and projects. This work also requires an understanding and assessment of the associated cost benefit for each project or combination of approaches.
Seeking a Natural Capital technical lead to develop new work on ecosystem services, natural capital and cost benefit work within the water, ecology and wider environmental sectors and to support our ambitions to grow and develop our business in this area with the support of others in our team.
This role is central to the development of the work on natural capital and ecosystem services. Therefore, looking for a proven expert in this field, ideally with both a background in the water environment and/or ecology and applied environmental economics.
The role will support the Head of the Water team within the water and environment practice as well as building capacity within the current staffing resources. The individual will be expected to lead and manage projects and provide technical direction. The individual must be able to demonstrate strong technical expertise, as well as the ability to win work and show an aptitude and enthusiasm to develop business opportunities and ideas both within our practice and by working with others across other practices within the business.
You will lead technically on environmental projects in the natural capital accounting sector of the business. You will project manage and co-ordinate a wide range of projects. You will have the responsibility to manage the technical work of more junior staff and sub-consultants as well as identify and win new business opportunities.
Key competencies and experience:
- Bachelors (2.1 or above), Masters or PhD in applied environmental economics
- Proven background in the UK water industry and/or aquatic ecology
- Consultancy experience
- Demonstration of excellent project management
- Proven experience of leading projects from a technical perspective
- Proven ability to mentor and support more junior members of the team
- Ability to generate new business areas
- Experienced in winning work and demonstrable business development understanding
- Strong existing client network would be advantageous
- International experience would be beneficial
- Experience in the water industry
Skills and behaviours:
- Excellent team working skills
- Strong communication skills and a close attention to detail
- Excellent report writing
- Bid-writing skills
- Ability to develop new work streams and generate innovative ideas
- Ambitious, enthusiastic and self-motivated to thrive in this busy and demanding environment
- Good IT skills in commonly used software, e.g. Microsoft Office, internet, email
- Excellent organisational skills
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email email@example.com