Our client is recognised as one of the leaders in the renewable energy market as a significant contributor to the production of biomass energy for the home market.
This is a key management role supporting the Station Manager in delivering the key strategic objectives for the site.
Reporting directly to the Station Manager you will:
- Determine the day-to-day operational needs of the station, interfacing both operations and maintenance staff;
- Provide clear direction and priorities to ensure the effectiveness as a single team is maximised at all times;
- Seek to meet daily and monthly output targets;
- Hold responsibility for the maintenance and consumables budget;
- Ensure effective decision making takes place, such that longer term goals and objectives are not compromised or impeded;
- Guide and direct the site maintenance team;
- Engage in the day-to day activities of the shift teams;
- Play a key role with daily and weekly planning, taking the lead role in the planning and execution of outages;
- Support the execution of the SHE Management system;
- Assist the Financial Controller with detailing/communicating all operational costs and updating monthly LBE's.
- The successful candidate will be a competent Sertica (or similar maintenance system) user with a high level of technical and operational plant awareness.
- Ideally you will have a 'time served' apprenticeship, a management qualification equivalent to level 3 or above, with a minimum of 5 years power generation/utility experience.
- You will be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, IT skills and your understanding of the procurement process.
We look forward to receiving your application.