OIL & GAS EIA CONSULTANT
My client are looking to recruit an experienced Consultant with offshore EIA experience to join their Aberdeen office. The position will involve client management, work-winning, project management, hands-on project work and the application of commercial and technical skills and knowledge.
My client is a small but well respected and long established, scientifically-led consultancy which has in-depth knowledge and experience in the upstream oil and gas industry, environmental, water and other related sectors. .
- To set up, operate and interpret the output of our existing predictive models for oil spills, marine discharges and drill cuttings under the direction of the Team Leader and in close liaison with the client.
- To adapt existing models for particular operational and environmental conditions, and develop new models and methods of evaluating and presenting data, as required.
- To contribute to Environmental Impact Assessments and Environmental Statements as appropriate for offshore developments and decommissioning projects, oil pollution emergency plans and other consultancy work under the direction of the Team Leader and project managers.
- EIA Report writing
- Contribute to other project work as required.
- A minimum of 2 years relevant experience of consultancy and/or offshore oil and gas sector.
- Good academic background to a degree or equivalent standard.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of UKCS offshore regulatory regime.
- Sound knowledge and practical experience in numerical modelling for marine applications.
- Experienced in using Matlab and/or other proprietary modelling software/languages.
- Excellent technical writing skills and competence in the Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Attention to detail, thoroughness, perseverance, the ability to work methodically and work to tight deadlines.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability of work independently as well as being a strong team player.
- Ability to prepare proposals plus supervise and mentor Consultants.
- Knowledge of comparative assessments.
- Experience of chemical risk and permitting support.
- Background in marine ecology and/or oceanography.
- Offshore survival accreditation.
I look forward to hearing from you soon, or call Zoe Payne on 01202 888 986 Ext 202