Operations Manager - North West (Waste Transfer)
Summary of Job
Development of all transfer activity, associated infrastructure and resources to achieve the company objectives
A day to day management role on the safe running of the transfer station, managing the operatives with a high degree of attention to safety, compliance, housekeeping, stock control, throughput and productivity.
Responsibility for all transfer activity including sourcing outlets in the UK, managing cost of disposal, ensuring duty of care and quality of all outgoing loads with particular focus on TFS.
Prioritisation of operations to achieve agreed financial targets and meeting customer service requirements.
Providing technical advice as required to the plant and wider business.
Maintaining and developing infrastructure and company procedures. A strong focus on export activity.
To be a key contact for the technical, commercial and management personnel.
To assist the plant manager in the management of the operational process (treatment), providing support and assistance to the plant throughput through the management of treatment stock within the transfer station.
Reporting to: General Manager (Treatment and Transfer)
- Ensure that all activities within the operational area are carried out in a safe manner in line with the Company Safety Policy and Legislative requirements.
- Ensure that appropriate systems are in place to satisfy this requirement and that those systems are reviewed and developed to effect improvement in all operational areas and activities.
- Planning and Development
- Ensure that process capacity, equipment and labour are available to achieve agreed productivity levels and any foreseeable additional demands.
- Develop, review and maintain systems to ensure the objectives of the Company are achieved.
- Ensure adequate provisions are in place for stock disposals (accruals) and ageing stocks are dealt with efficiently to ensure compliance with the permit
- A strong focus on safety, compliance and housekeeping
- A key role in supervision of the quality and compliance of all outgoing loads including those for export
- Liaison with necessary personnel and providing technical advice
- Co-ordinate and prioritise operations and activities to ensure maximum efficiency, quality of service to customers and to achieve agreed production targets and objectives.
- Ensure waste stock levels are managed to comply with Company objectives and that throughputs for the transfer station are expedient
- Maintain controls on stock levels, ageing stock and throughput to keep up with the demand from the commercial activity
- Authorise all paperwork in line with customer and legislative requirements.
- Ensure that the Company's training and development is achieved for operational staff.
- Encourage employee involvement in decision making process.
- Key Relationships
- General Manager
- Business Development Manager (Transfer)
- Plant Manager
- Technical Manager
- Must be educated to degree level in an chemistry or related discipline
- High levels of numeracy, literacy and experience with computer based word processing and spreadsheet programmes
- Excellent communication and team building skills
- Financial awareness for cost and budgeting control
- Effective planning skills
- Strong knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation
·Strong knowledge of relevant Environmental Legislation and the Permit conditions at Kirkby
- Valid driving licence