An opportunity to join an award winning waste processing company, whose growth has resulted in a nationwide logistics network. The Logistics Operations Manager will lead our team of Transport Planners and Managers, running a logistics function that supports a lean processing operation, and optimises our logistics efficiency.
* Lead the logistics operation of transport planners, managers and supply chain of sub-contractor logistics providers.
* Initially to transition the transport operation from a regional to a national operation, when this is up and running the role will evolve into warehousing and other logistics operations.
* Forecast future transport requirements, by liaising with the wider business.
* Planning routes and load scheduling (both forecast and reactive).
* Developing and managing a network of specialist sub-contractors across the UK.
* Communicating effectively with clients / sites and responding to their requirements.
* Controlling and reporting on transport efficiencies and cost.
* Coaching a team of dedicated and capable transport operatives through a regional to national transition.
* Advising on, and contributing heavily to, the development of a national transport planning system.
Skills & Experience
* Proven track-record of logistic operations management, working in a similarly complex, fast-passed environment.
* Experience of managing logistics sub-contractors and drivers.
* You will have strong leadership qualities, with the ability to communicated with all levels from senior managers to front-line staff.
* Ability to deliver and excellent services to deadline and budget.
* Ability to innovate and put forward ideas which add value to the company's service offering.
More benefits are available, this is just a taster
* Health cash plan (after qualifying period).
* Employee reward scheme.
* Salary sacrifice car lease scheme.
* Pension scheme (Currently 1% contribution- review in April 2018).
For more information on this position please contact Charles Cocklin at ALLEN & YORK
We look forward to receiving your application.