Our client is an international clean energy operator 900MW of power generation.
This role wil be reporting to the Site Supervisor the Operations Technician will join a team of multi-skilled operations Technicians responsible for carrying out planned maintenance / fault finding and operations of Reciprocating Engines, Generators, Electrical distribution systems, Gas plant and ancillary equipment used in the 24/7 operation of a landfill power station. (45 hr week)
The Technician will work on a shift roster basis to ensure maximum production is maintained in a safe working environment.
The role involves a combination of operating the power plant, carrying out preventive and corrective maintenance (Mechanical & Electrical), commissioning, and fault finding. Assisting with gas field maintenance in a safe and efficient manner is also a requirement of the role.
- Actively pursue the culture of zero harm, ensuring all relevant internal and statutory health, safety, and environmental standards and procedures are adhered to in line with the corporate Health and Safety policy
- Participate and comply with all statutory / corporate health safety and environmental incentives.
- Take a leading role in mechanical / electrical systems maintenance which includes reciprocating engines, gas plant, ancillaries, LV and HV apparatus. including fault finding, and commissioning, to improve power station performance and revenue
- 24 / 7 Operation of the power station generating units and ancillary equipment per standard procedures, and to support generation of maximum revenue through improving efficiency and performance
- Carry out planned & corrective maintenance on all mechanical / electrical equipment to improve reliability /productivity and minimise downtime of generating units
- Follow maintenance & operational procedures to ensure continuous reliability & productivity of the power station.
- Develop solutions to operational and engineering problems, and implement solutions and /or modifications, ensuring company management of change processes are followed.
- Identify and recommend spare parts holdings for critical mechanical or electrical assets
- Maintain accurate and thorough records of all maintenance work carried out, and all operational issues impacting engine downtime and load
- Responsible for management of appropriate maintenance contracts and projects as directed by your line manager.
- Supervise contractors where required and ensure company policies and procedures are adhered too.
- Support the delivery of the site generation plan
- Utilise the maintenance management system to raise purchase orders as required
- Identify opportunities for cost savings and make recommendations for implementation of same
- Monitor and control costs
- Take appropriate care of company property such as plant, vehicles and tools.
- Experience with rebuilds, overhauls and maintenance on Duetz, Caterpillar and jenbacher gas engines.
- A significant knowledge of, Mechanical Plant Maintenance, HV / LV Electrical distribution systems and Operations gained in a heavy engineering industry such as Renewable Energy, Power Generation, Petrochemical, Marine Engineering (Royal Navy) or Chemical Production, preferably with a strong electrical background
- A time severed apprentice with a recognised qualification in an appropriate engineering subject such as a NVQ Level 3 / HNC / HND is preferred but qualifications, skills and suitable experience below this will be considered.
- A proven record of commitment to safety.
- A proven ability to operate in a climate of continuous improvement and work in a highly focused team
- Ability to participate in a multi skilled environment
- An understanding of computer based maintenance management systems. Such as Maximo, SAP, JDE
- Experience with operational systems, such as Bailey / SCADA processes.
- Experience and relevant competence in HV switching, instructions and supervision
- In depth understanding of process control systems, PLC’s etc.
- Flexible attitude to varying requirements to suit the business needs.
- The ability to communicate with management, team members, external parties in a professional and effective manner.
- Ability to learn all areas of Company's LFG sites - i.e. gas fields, gas plant, power plant and administrative responsibilities.
- Able to lead by example and motivate co-workers
- Able to work as part of a team or as an individual.
- Willingness to complete both technical and non-technical aspects on a day to day basis.
- Team orientated approach along with an ability to work autonomously.
- Computer literate, able to use MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Access data bases.
- A valid UK Car Driving License
- Operations Technician
- Power generation
- Electrical or mechanical