Any locations within the UK
Positioned within the Rail Engineering team you will take on all the responsibilities of testing and commissioning activities associated within an assigned Station Information & Security Systems project. You will work closely with the project manager and project team providing office and site based technical support, ensuring compliance with all project testing deliverables, production of test documentation, controlling test teams and accurately reporting of testing activities to stakeholders.
- To be in overall charge of the telecoms testing and commissioning activities relating to assigned projects.
- Liaising with the Project Manager, Project Engineer and Design team providing progress reports and forecasting testing timescales.
- Responsible for the production of detailed project related Test Strategies, Test & Commissioning Plans and Test Specifications.
- Provide test support to project team, client representatives and on-site engineers including sub-contractors.
- Responsible for ensuring all staff involved in test activities have the appropriate level of competence and that all test equipment used is calibrated and fit for purpose.
- Responsible for reviewing and evaluating test results within Telent's scope of works and making available for inclusion into the O&M documentation.
- Responsible for maintaining the Defect Record Log and for ensuring that any Defects or Observations are actioned for resolution.
- Responsible for ensuring all project related tests have been satisfactorily completed, for producing Test Certificates and for signing new systems into service on the operational railway.
Business Operations Skills - Experience:
Experience of producing or using test strategies and plans that minimise risk to existing services as part of an upgrade or renewal of a legacy station information or security system.
Proven experience in managing a site based team of testers to deliver a programme of works.
Proficiency of communicating (both written and verbally) with client engineers to present test strategies/plans and ensuring implemented systems are accepted on completion of test activities.
Good experience and knowledge of new and legacy information systems on Railway infrastructure as follows:
* Station Management Systems (SMS)
* Security CCTV (analogue and IP)
* CIS displays and control systems
* PA, PAVA and Induction Loops
* IP Networking
* Public Help Points"
Do you want to know more about this opportunity? Contac us or send your CV across and we will contact you!