Job title: Planner - **Contract**
Reporting to: Planning Manager
- JOB PURPOSE
- Manage the evaluation of project time for the project and correlate cost and risk assessment.
- Manage project planning systems, policies and standards and ensure compliance of planning activities across individual projects to support the successful delivery of the project.
- Manage the integrated programme meeting the internal / external reporting timelines.
- Correlate schedule, cost and risk assessment through integrated solutions to influence critical pathanalysis thus providing robust/quality plans for decision making.
- Lead in what?if scenario planning providing integrated solutions to programme/project conflicts and recoveries.
- Manage and monitor processes to integrate scheduling from across all projects within the area of work.
- Work closely with Project Managers to maintain programme schedules, and manage the interface between schedules.
- Support consultant's requirements working with the Planning Manager and/ or Project Controls Manager. Sustain ? lead the evaluation of consultant interface reporting including earned value management performance.
- Collaborate with project delivery teams and external stakeholders (including suppliers, regulatory bodies, and the Department for Transport) where necessary to integrate all time, cost and quality information to support the monitoring of project performance.
- Capture and communicate best practice project planning policy, processes and procedures across the business to drive continuous improvement, and provide specialist advice where required.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Qualified project manager, or similar professional qualification, with a strong track record of achievement in planning and project management within large scale infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrable understanding of commercial elements within large, complex projects, and a track record of achievement in complex projects.
- PERSONAL QUALITIES
- Strong communication skills to effectively engage, promote and influence across a large range of stakeholders including the Executive, and internal and external stakeholders.