Planning Director/ Associate Director
We have an exciting opportunity for a Director or Associate Director to join a very successful planning team within our multi-disciplinary office in Guildford. We are looking for an experienced town planning professional who is a proven work winner
You will be expected to manage and run a wide range of development proposals that will range from significant strategic sites to brownfield regeneration and smaller schemes in sensitive locations. You will be expected to lead and work collaboratively with your colleagues across planning and all other disciplines.
The Guildford office consists of 15 employees and is well located within easy walking distance of the attractive Guildford town centre, with staff parking.
As an experienced planner, you will be able to develop a strong new business strategy to win work for the office, expanding the office client base, steering the work pipeline and developing both existing and new clients.
As a proven technical expert you'll apply your knowledge and know-how and effectively respond to changing markets, in order to deliver continuous improvement, development and growth, as well as an innovative and robust consultancy service to the existing and expanding client base.
You will be involved in a variety of projects for a range of public and private sector clients providing advice from initial feasibility studies, to strategic advice and Development Plan promotions, to detailed planning applications and appeals. You will lead your own projects and develop your own client base, mentor and guide colleagues, as well as work within multidisciplinary teams on larger proposals.
- You will be commercially aware, able to identify, develop and respond appropriately to new business opportunities and foster strong relationships both internally and externally.
- You will demonstrate a high level of planning knowledge and the ability to undertake a variety of projects across a diverse range of sectors. You will have excellent problem solving, communication and negotiation skills.
- You will be educated to degree level, have over ten years relevant experience, with relevant professional qualifications and have Chartered Membership of the RTPI.
- You will have experience in a similar role in consultancy and/or local authority.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and its application, as well as effective operation and development of management systems for quality, financial and project controls would be advantageous but not essential.
Interested? Get in touch...