Planning Specialist - London
The Exciting Opportunity:
If you're a Planning Specialist and ambitious to achieve your career potential, read on. Join the team and they ensure you get the experience and personalised learning support you need to take your career as far as you want it to go
Overview of Role:
Reporting to the Planning Manager, you will provide specialist town planning and policy advice, and will assist in the preparation, management and co-ordination of application documents and supporting information for approval of project Consent Order
You will be part of the wider UK Environmental Planning team, which undertakes a broad range of environmental assessment projects, including environmental impact assessments, strategic environmental assessments, construction management and other environmental advice, for a mixture of private and public-sector clients.
- Provide advice in the area of town planning and policy compliance
- Support preparation of the Planning Statement for relevant projects.
- Assist with the preparation of DCO application documents and compliance with DCO procedures, including safeguarding of the route, review of Local Planning policies and Statements of Common Ground with Local Planning Authorities and stakeholders
- Assist with the administration and where appropriate attend external and internal meetings
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of legislative, technical and policy changes in planning, environmental and government matters
- Any other duties commensurate with the post.
- To deliver parent company project governance requirements as required
- To consider project legacy and in all decision making in the same way as cost, risk and time
- To look for ways to encourage innovative thinking around how to improve legacy benefits
- To hold health, safety and welfare (HSW) as a key project value and to participate in the creation, development and implementation of HSW strategies by the project leadership team.
What You have to Offer:
- A degree, or equivalent, in planning, environment or a related discipline
- A minimum of 4 years' post graduate experience working in a planning policy role
- Chartered Town Planner or similar professional qualification preferred
- Experience of working with a team to exercise sound judgement, leading and facilitating decision making on complex issues among multiple parties
- Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders
- To influence all levels in an organization to produce timely documents etc.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and personal resilience to working under stress/different styles of leadership/getting things done
- Organisational skills - ability to organise work to meet deadlines
- Analytical skills - ability to work to a high level of accuracy and to produce a high standard of written work
Interested? Get in touch...