Plant Fitter - East London
Our Client is looking to recruit a Plant fitter to maintain and service their expending hire fleet.
The fleet comprises of excavators from 1.5T to 30T with the vast majority being Hitachi and Kubota. Thwaites Dumpers 3-9t, JCB Telehandlers, Bomag Rollers. They also have a fleet of Scania and Mercedes vehicles.
The position will involve both mechanical and electrical work so candidates will need experience with both.
- Day to day service and maintenance of fleet
- Managing the fleet service schedule as part of the workshop team
- Ensuring plant is inspected prior to delivery and on return
- Site breakdown resolution
- Knowledge and experience in plant repair and maintenance (specific to their fleet ideally)
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems efficiently
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail in all aspects, administration and practical
- Ability to work on own initiative and together with others
- Welding ability is desirable, yet not essential
- Current UK driving license
- 20 days holiday, plus 8 days bank holiday
- Statutory pension
- Company Vehicle
Hours of work would be 07:30am - 17:30pm Mon-Fri with occasional Saturday work.
The successful candidate will become a fundamental part of the team, ensuring that customers are given the best service.