Our client makes equity investments in a wide range of infrastructure assets, across technologies including solar, biomass combustion, waste-to-energy combustion, waste and biomass gasification, anaerobic digestion, composting, materials recovery and recycling. To date they manage 75 solar projects across the UK, Italy and US representing 750MWs and a portfolio of 14 bio-energy projects across the UK.
In Australia they have won a $100m mandate from the CEFC in 2015 to invest bio-energy projects and has established a Sydney office.
- Representing the funds’ interests by sitting as Investor Director on the Boards of selected investee companies.
- Own the accounting, reporting, portfolio management and optimization activities
- Overseeing the performance of selected investee companies through construction and operations. Identifying, evaluating and proposing opportunities for performance improvements, both operationally and economically. Working closely with investee company management to drive performance.
- Identifying and developing opportunities for full or partial exits from selected investee companies.
- Accounting and financial reporting experience
- Commercial or operational experience from the waste management or renewable energy sector (preferably energy-from-waste or biomass power)
- Some experience in investment management or asset management (could be from a corporate role, rather than a fund management role)
- A minimum 7 years’ relevant experience is preferred.
- An understanding of the economic drivers of the renewables sector
- An appreciation of the economics of the various technologies in the portfolio
- A good communicator with an ability to influence at all levels
- Adaptable: able to quickly adjust to the varying demands of the investee companies and the portfolio more generally.
- Numerate: familiar with financial models and their use to evaluate and forecast performance
- Specific experience of Anaerobic Digestion and/or waste-to-energy technologies would be of great benefit
- An appreciation of the technical and operational aspects of the various technologies in the portfolio would be beneficial
- Previous experience as a board representative would be beneficial