Portfolio Manager - Energy Investment Team
Responsibility for the commercial management and oversight of a large portfolio of operational or construction phase anaerobic digestion, landfill gas, biomass combustion and gas engine reserve power projects.
This is a fast-growing company with more than 500 employees base din the city of London.
The Energy team sources, invests and then manages a wide range of transactions using the various funds across various different energy sectors including Solar, Anaerobic Digestion, Wind and Reserve Power.
The Energy team currently manages c.£2bn of assets, and as this continues to grow rapidly and they are looking to expand their portfolio management team accordingly.
The Energy team invests from £1m to £300m in businesses that can dominate their chosen markets or sectors. When considering making an investment, the teams looks for predictable revenue streams, strong cash flows and asset backing.
The role is part of a team responsible for the commercial management and oversight of a large portfolio of operational or construction phase anaerobic digestion, landfill gas, biomass combustion and gas engine reserve power projects.
This role is an excellent opportunity for an experienced individual to join a high growth business in a team that will be heavily involved in the continued expansion of this funds activities in reserve power and the broader energy infrastructure sectors.
- Review weekly and monthly operational reports from external operational and asset managers, ensuring reports are timely and in accordance with contractual requirements
- Monitor overall performance of operational and asset managers to determine whether they are delivering high quality of service and represent value for money and recommend changes if needed
- Assess recommendations from operational reports and make decisions on discretionary expenditure, within the parameters of the budgetary approval framework
- Work with external asset managers to put in place appropriate framework of maintenance contracts for machinery not already covered by OEM
- Take responsibility for ensuring that the sites remain adequately fuelled, in accordance with the feedstock contracts, and that annual feedstock plans are in place and complied with
- Manage negotiations on amendments to feedstock plans and seek to optimise costs whilst maintaining output
- Ensure sites are operated safely and comply with all relevant HSE, OFGEM, Environment Agency and other regulatory constraints, and assist in transition of day-to-day operational compliance to appropriate outsourced supplier
- Maintain close working relationship with staff at operational and asset managers as well as the wider Energy portfolio management and finance teams as required
- Escalate significant issues to appropriate boards, committees and team management as appropriate
- In conjunction with the operational and asset managers, manage PPAs and other essential contracts, such as gas supply, carbon dioxide sales, propane supply, mineral supplements, etc.
- Contribute to development of longer-term strategy for the assets
- Manage compliance with terms and optimisation of external debt facilities and assist with re-financings, disposals or other transactions
- Proactively seek out improvements to maximise value for investors
- Excellent academic record
- Experience in financial, commercial and/or operational management of real assets
- A commercial mindset, able to own operational decision making and understand their impact across the portfolio
- A strong team player with the confidence to exercise judgement appropriately, challenge and liaise with colleagues at all levels of seniority
- A self-starter with high energy levels, initiative and a willingness to commit whatever it takes to deliver the required results
- Exceptional organisational and administration skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to motivate and influence individuals and suppliers with a range of technical, operational and agricultural backgrounds
- Operational and/or commercial experience with one or more relevant technologies would be highly advantageous;
- A formal engineering or similar technical background may be beneficial but is not essential.
- Portfolio Manager - Energy Investment Team
- Solar, Anaerobic Digestion, Wind and Reserve Power