Principal Acoustician - Manchester or Bristol
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Principal Acoustician. You will have a background in environmental and / or building acoustics and will help develop the capabilities in line with their ambitious growth plans. Successful candidates will have a proven track record in acoustic consultancy relating to a wide range of engineering projects with strong project management skills and a good working knowledge of British Standards and regulations. In return you will have the opportunity to further develop your career within this thriving sector.
Working mainly, but not exclusively, in multi-disciplinary teams you will be involved in exciting building and infrastructure projects in the UK and occasionally overseas. This position is based in either Bristol or Manchester offices with occasional travel to our numerous UK offices and across the country to the various development sites.
- Undertake and manage the acoustic input to building and environmental development and engineering projects.
- Attend design team meetings and advise clients, architects and engineers (internal and external) on design issues relating to acoustics, noise and vibration.
- Project manage the acoustic input to projects.
- Supervise and co-ordinate the work of others.
- Manage project teams to ensure production of deliverables to agreed timelines.
- Produce detailed technical reports.
A degree in acoustics is preferable; however a degree in physics, mechanical engineering or other related discipline will also be acceptable. The successful candidate will be a full Member of the Institute of Acoustics (MIOA). A full, clean UK car driving license would be essential
- Proven relevant acoustics experience for at least 5 years working in acoustics consultancy on a wide range of projects in numerous sectors.
- Be numerate, literate and familiar with software appropriate to the project tasks
- Good working knowledge of all relevant codes of practice and industry standards
- Be able to work and travel throughout the UK and very rarely overseas.
- Strong technical, commercial, mentoring and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of noise modelling software
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal as report writing will be one of the key aspects of this role
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org