Principal Air Quality Consultant - Nationwide
You will be able to demonstrate a clear understanding and knowledge of the air quality outlook, have the ability to work well in a team and have excellent communication and report writing skills. Particular experience of delivering highways air quality assessments using Design Manual for Roads and Bridges and WebTAG approaches is essential.
The UK team of Air Quality specialists delivers a range of exciting and varied projects across Europe, Middle East, India and Africa region. Working in multi-disciplinary teams delivering solutions to a broad base of client sectors including development, energy, oil and gas, water, government and transportation. There are opportunities to support clients not only through EIA and planning related services but through the full spectrum of project life services including monitoring, due diligence, occupational exposure assessments, risk management, emissions monitoring and the drafting of good practice guidance.
There is an impressive portfolio of major national and international infrastructure projects.
- Technical and commercial leadership
- Business development and innovation
- Undertaking air quality impact assessments of developments, roads and industrial facilities
- Use of dispersion modelling to predict air quality impacts
- Undertaking and / or managing ambient and workplace monitoring studies
- You will have strong development skills and have the ability to develop and manage the work of others - working in terms is vital to working in Air Quality
- Have the technical ability, knowledge and competence to provide guidance to teach and develop junior staff.
- Ability to work collaboratively and iteratively within a multi-disciplinary design team.
- Establishing strong working relationships with other internal teams, particularly within the transportation division
- Business development with internal and external clients
- Responsibility for developing health and safety risk assessments for site work to ensure personal and team safety.
- Experience completing air quality assessments for road schemes, residential and commercial developments, LAQM studies.
- Permitting and compliance for industrial facilities would be beneficial
- You will able to demonstrate a detailed understanding and knowledge of the air quality outlook.
- You will have previous work experience in a similar role and be enthusiastic with excellent report writing skills.
- You will have extensive dispersion modelling experience
- You will have a good understanding of ambient air quality monitoring
- You should be able to demonstrate GIS or programming skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Full, clean driving licence
- Degree level in a numerical science, and ideally a postgraduate qualification
- Full membership of a relevant professional body or certificate of successful completion of professional training, such as MIAQM, BOHS, STA, MCERTS would also be of interest as evidence of relevant experience.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org