Principal Archaeologist -Leeds
My client is one of the world's largest and most diverse technical, professional consultancies offering services for industrial, commercial and government organisations globally.
You will have strong technical skills along with excellent report writing ability, and you will be a Member of the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists.(CIFA) In return, they will offer involvement in a wide range of exciting and often high profile projects, with significant opportunities to develop technical and management skills.
- Lead on cultural heritage inputs to all stages of EIA.
- Manage the production of desk-based assessments and heritage statements.
- Design of evaluation and mitigation, procurement and management of contractors.
- Provide client advice and support on heritage matters relating to planning, EIA and the development in general.
- Liaise with clients, engineers, other design team members, and curators.
- Mentor and provide leadership of more junior staff.
- Develop and maintain excellent client relationships.
- Support business development initiatives.
- A good degree qualification in archaeology or related discipline.
- A track record of successful delivery of heritage inputs to EIA on large scale projects, with experience of working within multidisciplinary teams.
- Proven record in the delivery of desk-based assessments, desk-based surveys and heritage statements.
- Design of evaluation and mitigation.
- Procurement and management of contractors.
- Strong technical skills in cultural heritage, with excellent report writing skills.
- Staff/resource management capability.
- Second/higher degree desirable
- Experience of buildings archaeology.
- Experience of historic landscape studies.
- GIS (ESRI/Mapinfo) skills.
- Road scheme experience, including a working knowledge of DMRB.
If you are interested in this role then please contact Paul Carter on 01202 888 986 Ext 209.