PRINCIPAL CIVIL ENGINEER (WATER)
Our client is looking to appoint a Principal Civil Engineer to manage the delivery of projects to achieve agreed time, cost and quality targets.
- Input to technical elements of Project Management Plan.
- Support the preparation of the Scope of Services (Proposal) documents including any post tender negotiations.
- Support the creation of the tender.
- Assist the Project Manager in clarifying the project brief, agree deliverables, key milestones, project methodology, quality assurance and control strategy.
- Input to technical elements of the Project Management Plan.
- Finalise project checking and approval arrangements.
- Attend internal project start-up meeting.
- Review and validate design inputs; submit RFI requests via the Project Manager.
- Produce design deliverables (calculations, drawings, sketches, reports, etc.) to achieve the optimum engineering solution for the project.
- Implement and manage project checking and approval arrangements.
- Assess, document and communicate design change to the Project Manager.
- Participate in technical reviews (this may involve chairing the review meeting).
- Check design outputs before submission to the PM/TA for approval.
- Attend internal project review meeting.
- Attend ‘close out meeting’ with the client.
- Recommend / implement improvements to technical policy, processes and design solutions and share via the knowledge management channels as appropriate.
- Recognised academic qualifications, Degree / HND.
- To have a recognised professional qualification and membership of appropriate professional bodies.
- Have knowledge and/or experience of the management of projects, both financially and technically.
- Strong interpersonal / team working skills, with a good working relationship with all levels of the organisation, clients and contractors.
- Specific Technical Skills in water and wastewater infrastructure / non-infrastructure design as appropriate.
- Have appropriate experience in design, contract and tender preparation, tender assessment, construction supervision and administration.
- Familiarity with relevant software packages such as MS Project, Word, Excel, AutoCAD etc.
- The ability to communicate in a fluent and positive manner with other team members and to produce reports in clear English.
- Ability to work on own initiative and seek assistance when required.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure that timescales are met.
- Good problem solving/contingency planning skills with ability to find quick, innovative and practical solutions.
- Take responsibility for personal development and enable and support the learning of others.
- Effective negotiation and persuading skills, able to manage and diffuse challenging situations.
- Project a professional image to clients and colleagues.
- Able to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships with colleagues, clients and contractors.
- Able to recognise own impact on others and adapt approach where appropriate
- Demonstrate pride in work, through accurate timely delivery.