Position Title Senior Civil Engineer - Water
Job Category Engineering - Civil
Business Line Water
Office Location UK - Croydon - Bedford Park
Job Summary Are you a Civil Engineer with strong analytical skills and experience in technical delivery and possibly management of water engineering projects? Our client has an exciting career role in their established Water team, based in the South East.
You will work alongside project managers throughout the project design and delivery cycle, making technical decisions in various design stages of water and wastewater utility projects to include carrying out feasibility studies, reference designs, detailed designs, and preparing reports and technical specifications. You may be asked to mentor, oversee or manage design staff which will call for knowledge of crucial design processes and for excellent communication skills.
As a Civil Engineer, you will work closely with their Water and other supply discipline teams nationwide. You will be expected to deliver a high calibre of technical quality, contribute to bids, and interface with clients and collaborators in design and planning. You will seek innovation and trial new methods, being inquisitive by nature.
- You will see delivery through from conception to handover. Some of these projects will be large-scale and prestigious cv-builders.
- This role will include visits to site to carry out site surveys and the support of liaisons with clients, government authorities, contractors, suppliers. You will be tasked with delivering to agreed budget, programme and quality along with supporting the preparation of project budget & programme.
- Performs specific and moderate portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer.
- Gathers and correlates basic engineering data using established and well-defined procedures.
- Works on detailed or routine engineering assignments involving calculations and relatively simple tests.
- Proposes approach to solve new problems encountered using modifications of standard procedures or methods developed in previous assignments.
- Identifies discrepancies in results.
- Provides guidance to entry level engineers.
- Performs work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule with little supervision.
- Independently performs all the tasks necessary to complete primary design elements for engineering works.
- Performance at this level requires developmental experience in a professional position.
- A degree or equivalent in civil engineering
- Water and wastewater treatment project experience across feasibility, outline, detailed design, construction support desirable
- Experience using a 3D Design tool and other proprietary software products
- Some project management experience
- Industry recognised Health and Safety qualifications
- Membership of/Working toward a relevant professional chartered institute; for example, ICE
- Able to take full responsibility for producing, checking and approving engineering reports and designs
- Ability to coordinate, liaise and engage with clients and key stakeholders
- Provide mentoring, guidance and technical advice to support and supervise junior staff
- Help to lead and mentor a small team of engineers and technicians with line manager responsibilities.
- Experience in delivering water engineering projects with multi-disciplinary knowledge.
Your benefits will include:
Helping their employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to our client. If you join the team, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through their charity and you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you're a member of the Reserve Forces you'll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
For more information please contact Michelle @ Allen & York on: 07793 363603 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to receiving your application!