Our client, a multinational engineering firm, is looking for a self-motivated Principal Civil Technician to join their Development Infrastructure team in the South East, UK.
With excellent communicating and team player skills, part of the successful candidate's role includes overseeing junior Technicians/Graduates and working to support with the delivery of projects.
Our client is not only one of the leading multidisciplinary consultancies, globally, working on the latest infrastructure projects, but also have a strong focus on the development of employees. They recognise people work best in different situations and that we all have different work styles - I am pleased to let you know that our client is offering a brand new flexible working scheme. The scheme means you can work your hours, anytime, anywhere, be communicated to in a method that suits you and can complete tasks in a way that utilities your strengths and skills.
- Excellent understanding of Development Infrastructure design software platforms and UK design principles.
- Knowledge and experience of S278 and S38 schemes.
- Knowledge and experience of S104 schemes.
- Maintain an overview of industry developments in CAD technologies, Standards and Codes of Practice.
- Develop technical drawings to support S38, S278 and S104 submissions.
- Suitable experience in the preparation and drafting of highways and drainage design.
- Suitable experience in AutoCAD, (Civils 3D and/or MX/PDS software preferable).
- Experience in traffic signage and road marking for highways schemes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience or a desire to mentor and supervise more junior colleagues.
Relevant qualifications - (academic or experience based).