Principal Decommissioning Consultant - Aberdeen
Due to continued growth, an interesting position has arisen for a Principal Decommissioning Consultant (marine). You will have significant experience of marine infrastructure decommissioning projects and will be comfortable leading a team of decommissioning and environmental consultants.
You will sit within the Environment Division, a team of over 65 experienced environmental experts, but will also integrate with other technical units such as subsea engineering, process and facilities, decommissioning, renewables and advisory. As a senior member of the Environment Team you will take responsibility for engaging with industry bodies and working groups to ensure my client continues to be at the forefront of the industry.
You will lead the acquisition, delivery and completion of marine decommissioning projects, as well as providing robust technical input. You will take on the project manager role for the delivery of decommissioning projects, coordinating and leading multidisciplinary teams with a range of experience. You will act as the key client contact and will represent the company in client offices, regulator meetings and public events. Ideally you will utilise your professional network to identify new opportunities and extend contacts. You will also lead on bid preparation and undertake business development as required. You will be expected to provide robust advice to the wider team.
As a team leader, you will be responsible for guiding the environment decommissioning team and ensuring that more junior team members are supported and developing. There is a strong culture of innovation and self-development within my client so there will be the opportunity to develop your skill set and influence the direction in which the role, as well as the wider team, progresses. My client places a strong emphasis on professional accreditation and will encourage and support you in achieving/retaining your desired level.
Requirements and experience
· A Master's degree (or higher) in an environmental related subject
· Minimum of 8 years' experience in a similar role
· Excellent knowledge of UK environmental planning legislation (decommissioning focus)
· Excellent knowledge of the decommissioning processes and environmental technical specialisms
· Experience of facilitating and/or participating in comparative assessment
· Experience working with marine regulators and statutory advisors
· Excellent project management and client interaction skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication, organisational, analytical and time management skills
· Excellent computer and numeracy skills
· Commercial understanding and an interest in securing new business
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org