An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Principal ecologist based out of London. The successful candidate will be expected to have a track record of successful project management and be a highly skilled field ecologist. You will be expected to have an invested interest in businesses development and the education of your colleagues. You will be working projects focused around urban biodiversity, that require complex and intricate solutions, therefore experience of urban ecology is advantageous.
Within this role you will be joining a multidisciplinary team based in London. You will be managing complex projects in interesting and unusual environments.
You will be expected to control the financial side of projects, tender production, survey and employee organisation as well as client and third party communication.
You will be expected to have an invested interest in the development of your peers and aid the education of your more junior colleagues.
You will be running projects that are unique and complex, often working with a prestigious client base. You will have the opportunity to work on the monitoring of bespoke green roof projects, strategy production of green infrastructure, and regeneration schemes- urban biodiversity will be the main ethos of your work.
As the successful applicant, you will be joining a multidisciplinary Consultancy that offers expertise in a variety of sectors. They have a large focus on urban biodiversity and therefore work an interesting variety of projects that aren't often seen. You will be offered the chance, as are all employees, to influence the company's future projects- allowing you to always enjoy the project you'll be working on.
Skills/Experience required for the role
- Minimum of 6 years of ecological consultant experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of survey techniques.
- Experience of managing projects.
- Willingness to mentor and inspire assistant ecologists.
- Experience of liaising with clients, statutory bodies and third parties.
- Excellent report writing skills
- A holder of a Bat licence.
- Experience with EPSM preparation and delivery.
- Knowledge of green infrastructure
- Knowledge of urban biodiversity
- Proven track record of project management
- An interest in conservation
- A degree and/ or a post graduate qualification in a relevant discipline.
- A Full UK driving licence is required for this position
This is a rare chance to join a well-established and highly regarded Consultancy. We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Callum Graham at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or Cgraham@allen-york.com