A fantastic opportunity has arisen for pro-active and experienced ecologists to join a growing ecology team. These positions can be based from several offices around England to suit the successful candidates. Currently they are home-working and this is likely to continue although candidates will be linked with the north, midlands and south east teams.
- Works as a close-knit team with a strong focus on sharing expertise through internal training and professional development events.
- Our team undertakes a vast range of interesting projects for a wide range of clients covering the full range of ecological disciplines.
- Regularly undertake international ecology work including surveys in Africa and across Europe.
- The highly supportive ecology team includes: NE Bat trainers, multiple bat class licence level 3 & 4 specialists, BSBI county-recorders, FISC level 5&6 botanists, university lecturers and directors / trustees of nature conservation charities.
- This is a CIEEM Registered Practice and pays the membership fees for all eligible staff. This includes four Fellows and 15 Chartered staff. In addition, staff grades are linked to the CIEEM membership grades and training in line with this career progression is actively encouraged.
- The Ecology team undertakes a yearly Bioblitz and training day in addition to staff team building and training sessions.
The Principal Consultants will have a key role, winning work, providing leadership, technical advice and training, and leading by example. Self-motivated and proactive, you will be responsible for managing and overseeing major projects from commencement to completion and close-out. You will be expected to take on additional responsibilities within the business, demonstrating excellent communication skills with team members, peers and senior management, and contributing to business strategies.
Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Delivering major tenders, working with other staff and departments
- Managing major projects, including financial objectives, resource allocation, managing subcontractors, risk and quality assurance
- Taking a proactive role in mentoring staff towards their full potential, leading by example, and supporting a quality-led culture
- Building relationships with team members of other departments, particularly those which have a close working relationship with and supporting them with the services we provide
- Commissioning and/or leading ecological fieldwork; providing ecological advice on complex ecological issues
- overseeing complex aspects of site work and practical elements of habitat management or creation
- designing/leading research projects
- assessing the ecological impacts of developments or changes in land management, and developing /designing mitigation and monitoring proposals for large and complex projects
- representing the company at external events, as required and directed, including events relating to professional membership and business development, building networks within the industry
- Delivering formal training to internal and external staff
- Show a good understanding of client needs and drivers, and how these differ between sectors, and be able to build and retain "trusted adviser" client relationships
- Have significant experience of delivering consultancy to a range of clients, working directly for clients and meeting their expectations
- Be comfortable and confident when communicating with clients, and coordinating responses to their requests for services
- Likely to have 10 years consultancy experience or proven, previous experience in a similar role
- Experience preparing and holding protected species mitigation licences
- Line management experience
- Enthusiasm, energy and drive to develop skills and deliver projects to the highest standard
- Excellent report writing skills, including survey reports, EcIAs, HRAs and tenders
- Full driving licence
- Full Membership of CIEEM (and be working toward chartership)
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 ext 280 or email email@example.com