Location - Bristol
The Exciting Opportunity
I am now looking to recruit a high calibre Principal Ecologist with proven consultancy experience to work within an Environmental Planning team based in Bristol. You will be engaged upon an extensive portfolio of ecology schemes for construction and development projects, ensuring we meet the demanding workload.
Overview of Role:
* To take on a key role within the business unit, winning work, providing technical advice, leadership and training, and leading by example where appropriate
* Manage projects (or components of projects) meeting budgetary, quality, safety and timeframe targets, while exceeding client expectations
* Promote and market all services during interfaces with clients, other sectors/disciplines and externally at seminars and conferences
* Build and consolidate networks within the industry
* Achieve Chartership
* Commissioning and/or leading ecological field work
* Providing technical advice on ecological issues (at an in-depth level within own area of expertise, but also on a broad range of issues) within and between sectors
* Producing survey reports, ecological impact assessments, Environmental Statement chapters, licence applications, management plans, advice notes, biodiversity strategies and other similar documents
* Liaising with statutory and non-statutory consultees
* Designing/leading research projects
* Managing projects and bids, including resource allocation, managing subcontractors, managing risk, quality assurance, client feedback and ensuring effective communication of any changes/modifications
* Attending project-related meetings and providing advice to clients
* Providing formal staff training
* Providing input into the business unit's strategy/business plans, as required, and contributing towards their achievement
* Providing leadership, direction and technical advice to project team members, taking a proactive role in developing team members to their full potential, leading by example to achieve sector/divisional goals and championing a quality, innovative and entrepreneurial culture
* Promoting a culture of health & Safety (H&S) and environmental awareness within the
* Complying with procedures for project and data management, data security, IPR etc.
* Promoting company visions and values.
What You have to Offer:
* Relevant first degree AND/OR second related degree.
* Full driving licence
* Full member of CIEEM
* Chartered Environmentalist/Ecologist
* Species-specific personal licences
Please contact Paul Carter on 01202 888 986 ext 209 for more information