Principal Ecologist - London
My client is looking for an experienced ecologist to join their successful and growing London team. They are looking to take the opportunity to add new skills and talent to their team with this role, allowing the right candidate to build on excellent foundations while progressing their own ambitions, career and professional development.
You will support the Associate Ecologist in developing the team, and support our large and growing portfolio of exciting projects in and around London. The London and Guildford offices work closely together and, whilst the role will be based in London, you will support and be supported with delivering work across both offices.
- You should be a full member of CIEEM and have an accomplished background of ecological expertise, from solid Extended Phase 1 abilities to specialist knowledge of species survey skills and techniques (including great crested newts and bats as a minimum)
- Experience of developing mitigation schemes and holding NE licences would be a distinct advantage
- You should have a good understanding of UK wildlife legislation and how the Town Planning system works, so you can provide the most pragmatic and appropriate advice for each bespoke project
- The ability to prepare and critique EcIA chapters and HRA assessments is also vital to this role
- You will be confident in producing reports to a high quality, as well as robust risk assessments & method statements to set a good example for others to follow
- * You will be a good project manager, with demonstrable client skills and the ability to quantify both risks and opportunities in relation to development
- You must be a confident communicator with strong written and verbal skills, and possess the ability to prioritise the delivery of a dynamic workload
- A relevant degree as a minimum is required, as is a full driving licence, plus good ICT skills including MS Word and Excel