Principal Ecologist - Manchester
My client is well-known international consultancy with one of the UK's largest and most respected ecology teams. The ecology team is responsible for providing specialist ecological advice across a wide variety of projects across the UK, Europe and the Middle East. They are now looking to hire a Principal or Technical Director of Ecology to meet their business development needs in their Manchester office.
As a Principal Ecologist, you will provide specialist advice for the full range of projects undertaken, as well as servicing the needs of their own client base. The team works on arrange of diverse, high profile projects in the UK and abroad.
- Leading and mentoring a team of ecologists working on a variety of projects.
- Ecological project management.
- Business development.
- Preparation of ecological impact studies, feasibility studies, and scheme reports for projects.
- Resolution of technical issues as they occur for a range of areas across projects and for the monitoring of progress
- An honours degree in ecology or related field.
- Full MIEEM.
- Eligibility for CEnv.
- Proven experience of most aspects of ecological projects.
- Confident with proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of biodiversity legislation pertinent to the UK and Europe.
- Capable of managing a challenging workload subject to change at short notice.
- Management experience.
- High level of personal responsibility.
- Adaptable and flexible approach to different project requirements.
- Good IT skills
- Postgraduate degree.
- Protected species licence(s).
- Full current driving licence.
- Project management experience.
- An ecological specialism.