Principal EIA Consultant - Water & Infrastructure
Bristol, London, Manchester
My client is a leading sustainability consultancy combining water, energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Due to continued growth they are looking for a highly experienced Principal Consultant with proven environmental planning and leadership experience to join our planning and EIA team. With offices nationally there is flexibility for this role to be based at one of the following locations; London, Manchester, Bristol or Harwell.
This role will support and directly report into the Head of EIA, as well as work alongside other senior managers. You will have the opportunity to project manage a variety of exciting projects within the Water & Infrastructure sectors (water, rail, housing or commercial property) and play an integral role in the continued growth and success of the business. You will lead and manage your own projects, manage multi-disciplinary teams and deliver all aspects of consultancy from budget control, leading projects, generating new business and nurturing existing client relationships. There will be opportunity for you to take on significant responsibility and progress your career in your chosen direction.
- Highly experienced with an in depth practical working knowledge, ideally of infrastructure projects.
- Full knowledge of the EIA planning process and fully conversant with the relevant environmental / heritage legislation and guidance.
- Proven experience of project management, budget control and leading projects
- Proficient in winning work and client management Demonstrative experience of business development
- Excellent team working skills
- Excellent stakeholder and regulatory communications and management skills
- Ambitious, enthusiastic and self-motivated to thrive in this busy and demanding environment
- Professional report writing and assessing skills
The following would be advantageous:
- Relevant postgraduate qualification
- Membership of the RTPI, IEMA or similar professional body
- Strong existing client network
- SEA experience
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org