Principal EIA Consultant - Birmingham / Leeds
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Principal EIA Consultant. You will be working for a world leading Consultancy and will be involved in some of the UK's largest infrastructure projects. My client has had continuous growth year upon year which has now created a position for a Principal EIA Consultant. The position is flexible and you can be based in either Birmingham, Chesterfield, Nottingham or Leeds.
You will provide input to locally and nationally significant development schemes that are progressing through all types of consenting regimes (including Development Consent Orders), working with high profile clients such as HS2 Ltd, National Grid, Highways England, Network Rail, Shell, Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM), power companies, local authorities and many others.
A selection of our current and recent projects includes:
- HS2 Phase 2b (Lot 2 Leeds South) (HS2)
- HS2 Phase 1
- Trafford Park Line (TfGM)
- M54-M6 Link & A38 Derby Junctions (Highways England)
- North Wales Connection (National Grid)
- Green Port Hull (Associated British Ports)
- Infinity Park (Derby City Council)
The appropriate level of technical expertise is required in order that the Job / Project Accountabilities listed below can be carried out to the necessary standard:
- Manage and coordinate multidisciplinary environmental inputs to a wide range of development projects
- Manage and coordinate preparation of EIA screening and scoping activities, Environmental Statements including the technical review of specialist chapters
- Liaise with clients and internal supply teams
- Work in partnership with other members of the Environmental Team (both within Leeds and across the UK), delegating activities to staff as applicable
- Work with design teams to ensure that environmental considerations are appropriately taken into account
- Monitor and manage budgets and assist with business development activities and manage preparation of technical proposals.
- A degree in a relevant environmental discipline
- Post-graduate degree an advantage
- Appropriate professional membership - CEnv an advantage
- Experience commensurate with specified job responsibilities
- Experience managing and coordinating environmental commissions and EIAs for a wide range of development projects. Work in transportation, renewable energy, port-related developments and electrical connections would be a distinct advantage
- An excellent understanding of the EIA processes (including screening and scoping), environmental assessment methods and applicable planning legislation
- Excellent report writing, technical reviewing and communication skills - all with an attention to detail
- Excellent project management skills, including experience of programming, and budget/ financial management
- The ability to work as part of an established team, supervising members of staff as applicable
- Full driving licence and a willingness to travel.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org