A skilful and dynamic Principal Civil Engineer is required by our client a respected, leading Engineering & Design Consultancy. This newly created role is based in York and is a pivotal part to the Rail team.
You will be working with and have responsibility for a focussed team, charged to work on HS2 and Crossrail projects including station refurbs, platform extensions and bridge design. Your knowledge will be challenged with the view to enhance your skillset.
Working fully within project lifecycle you will be involved with:
- Investigation, analysis and design for projects.
- Reporting and registering documentation and design reports.
- Liaison and clear communication between internal staff and clients
- Finding the resolution to any technical issues on projects and provide technical guidance.
- Working in collaboration and reviewing completed engineering work to ensure accuracy.
- Being familiar with, and compliant with, relevant H & S regulations and to promote a culture of awareness within the team
This role is suited to a career minded individual who is keen to further their knowledge and practical skills. As well as having the technical knowledge and previous experience on large scale complex projects you should have a commercial and innovative mind.
- Degree qualified in engineering discipline
- Strong structural design background.
- Worked as a leader, mentor to others and developed junior members of a team.
- Flexibility to travel UK wide.
This is an opportunity to join a forward thinking and successful organisation where you will receive a competitive salary, good benefits and career fulfilment having had a participative role on high profile projects.
To find out more, please apply with your CV to Rachel Gladdis at Allen & York.