|Job Title:||Principal Engineer - Development Infrastructure|
|Location:||St. Albans, Hertfordshire|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £60000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Vicky Kenrick|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Our Client is a leading global multi-disciplinary company and their Development Infrastructure team is looking for an enthusiastic Principal Engineer to expand its current team profile and capability. The person will either be based in St Albans, London Aldgate, Basingstoke, or Norwich offices.
Reporting to the Regional Director, the Principal Infrastructure Engineer will play a leading role within the Development Infrastructure team including overseeing both senior and junior team members working to support with the delivery of projects. This role will suit an excellent communicator and team player and will provide the opportunity for the candidate to work closely with private and public sector clients of all types and across all sectors locally, regionally and globally as well as other internal and external multi-disciplinary teams in a fast-paced environment.
The multi-disciplinary nature of the UK Development Infrastructure team means that they lead on a variety of projects from inception (due diligence, master planning support and scheme viability - including drainage, flooding, utilities and highways), through to detailed design, value engineering, design delivery, project management, execution and handover.
Duties will include:
- Preparation of technical reports and fee proposals,
- Providing design and delivery advice to Clients,
- Leading on internal and external liaison with regulators and stakeholders,
- Checking and reviewing designs,
- Managing project scope and deliverables,
- Managing project finances
- Support with growing new and existing Client relationships.
You will be supported and encouraged to maintain your CPD and lead initiatives to help you further develop your own skills and those of your team. You will also be expected to contribute towards developing the Development Infrastructure team by building client relationships and attending established marketing and cross discipline business development meetings in St Albans, London, Basingstoke, and Norwich.
- Candidates should ideally have a degree in Civil Engineering or a closely related subject
- Proven design, design coordination and management experience
- Extensive relevant work experience in a development infrastructure design and management
- Infrastructure appraisals and production of opinion reports
- Design and construction specifications related to the above
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of design software such as WinDes (Microdrainage), Civil 3D and AutoCAD
- Excellent knowledge of relevant design standards including DMRB, Sewers for Adoption, local road standards and relevant national planning policy.
- The ideal candidate would be a Chartered Civil Engineer or looking to apply for Chartership
- Experience in the preparation of civil engineering contracts and procurement of civil works is desirable.
- Site inspection and monitoring experience is desirable
- Full driving licence is desirable.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Tom J Herbert at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986.