Principal Engineer - Highways and Drainage
ALLEN & YORK's Engineering team are supporting the ongoing growth of our client's extensive highways and drainage infrastructure team. This team falls under the wider Transportation business line and inputs into some of the most innovative and challenging work both in the UK and internationally.
The team have an exemplary track record of delivery highways and drainage scheme across the west midlands, the UK and internationally. There is also close collaboration with other teams across the Transportation business. These roles are part of a wider expansion across the business line and we are looking for people who share the team's commitment to project excellence and meeting the needs of a varied client base.
At Principal grade, we would expect you to be chartered or very close to achieving this. You will hold a strong track record within the consultancy market along wide excellent project management capabilities.
- Lead the preparation of preliminary or detailed design and project delivery of highway/drainage/traffic engineering schemes.
- Prepare detailed client briefs, fee proposals, technical responses and study reports and contribute to major bids.
- Ensure technical content and quality of output produced is in line with the project brief and our quality procedures
- Manage sub-consultants to produce deliverables against agreed timescales and in line with budget
- Share knowledge and support the team to create a collaborative work environment
- Act as day to day client point of contact for projects
- Support team manager in mentoring junior staff
- Develop construction cost estimates and estimates of technical efforts for projects.
- Prepare technical specification sections.
- Degree (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering or a related discipline
- Demonstrable experience in highways and/or drainage design at conceptual, preliminary and detailed design stages
- Excellent technical and communication skills.
- Awareness of H&S Legislation and the CDM Regulations
- Experience in managing projects or tasks, including Client and Design Team liaison
This is a strong opportunity to join a genuinely progressive consultancy team at a period of exciting growth. As well as a strong salary and benefits package you will be given the flexibility to work as you feel suitable, be that from the office, home or a coffee shop during hours that fit around your lifestyle.
Contact Tom Herbert at ALLEN & YORK for more details. firstname.lastname@example.org