Position Title Senior/Principal Engineer - Ports
Job Category Engineering - Civil
Business Line Water
Office Location UK - Glasgow
Job Summary Our client's Port and Marine team in Glasgow are looking for an experienced senior / principal engineer with civil and structural knowledge and a technical focus to support the team on multiple projects.
The candidate will be a team player, self-motivated, support fellow team members, manage inputs, meeting client requirements and agreed costs. Working with an established Port a Marine team with over 100 years of shared experience they require someone to compliment that and will be responsible for technical delivery of a wide range of projects. Key clients include local authority, private companies and internal clients both in the UK and overseas.
In addition to undertaking technical work, the role will see you play a key role providing technical support and checking of work prior to issue. These deliverables typically will include calculations, reports, technical notes and CAD drawings.
- Responsible for the preparation and successful completion of deliverables;
- Produce calculations to a high standard of quality by hand and checking using current computer software (including but not limited to ROBOT, GRLWEAP, WALLAP, TEDDS and others);
- Prepare technical specifications, reports and technical notes;
- Review and comment on design, drawings and specification to ensure timely and accurate results;
- Mentoring of staff to achieve technical solution and provide support to develop their knowledge and experience;
- Communicate and liaise with other disciplines and clients to ensure clear understanding of scope and deliverables; and
- Assist in the preparation of tenders (programme, cost estimate, resourcing, preparation of written quality/technical input, etc).
- Experience of designing structures in the Marine Environment (including; quay wall, piers, jetties, revetment, breakwaters, fendering, scour protection, linkspan supports, dolphins, etc);
- Good understanding of, British Standards, Eurocodes and best practice in the maritime environment;
- Good understanding of CDM, Safety in design and CEMD;
- Experience in delivering projects over a range of cost and complexity;
- Working in multi-disciplinary teams; and
- Experience in the UK Maritime industry
- CEng / IEng qualified in civil or structural engineering - or anticipating achieving this status.
Your benefits will include:
Helping their employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to our client. If you join them, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also be able to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through their charity you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you're a member of the Reserve Forces you'll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
For more information please contact Michelle @ Allen & York on: 07793 363603 or email email@example.com
I look forward to receiving your application!