Principal Consultant - Commercial Fisheries
Due to continued growth, a new position has arisen for an Environmental Consultant - Commercial Fisheries. You will be working as a key member of the busy 50-strong team, you will take the lead role in the commercial fisheries offering, through which they support projects across conventional wind, floating wind, tidal and wave, oil and gas and cables and interconnectors.
You will have a strong background in providing commercial fisheries support to offshore renewable and cables projects, and you will be experienced in areas such as data collection and analysis, impact assessment, consent applications and stakeholder engagement. You could also have a track record in delivery of wider services such as survey design and execution and fisheries liaison.
You will provide support to clients across the full life cycle (e.g. site selection, EIA, consent application, post-consent discharge of conditions). You will draw heavily upon the significant relationships that you will have formed with the fishing industry in your work to date, be that from your time in consultancy, regulator, stakeholder or developer.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Eligible to work in the United Kingdom;
- Degree in relevant environmental (or other) discipline
- Experience of leading commercial fisheries impact assessment in offshore renewables and/or cables and interconnector industries
- Experience of leading engagement with fisheries representatives across Scotland and the remainder of the UK·
- Experience of preparation of relevant elements of Scoping Reports, ESIA Reports, Marine Licences etc
- Detailed understanding of the legislation in all parts of the UK relevant to offshore wind and cables development
- Innovative and enthusiastic approach to challenges
- Ability to prioritise, plan, and organising own workload and team members
- Accountability, including level of self-motivation and ambition, proactive in developing others
What you will do
You will sit within the Environment Division, where you will take the lead on the commercial fisheries capability for the UK business. Primarily, you will lead, or support others in leading, all relevant scopes of work, either as standalone work packages or as part of our suite of large, integrated workscopes. The main area of focus in the short term will be EIA.
As a priority upon joining, you will work with the senior team members in the UK to review our commercial fisheries offering and to define how it could develop and support increasingly innovative and large-scale projects. A key part of this will be to establish the need for further training of existing staff, and potential recruitment of further specialists.
You will also support the Renewables Division with developing our fisheries capability in North America, and with our environment colleagues in Asia-Pacific to do the same there. You will build a great relationship with the Geospatial Division, working to help the existing shipping and navigation services add more value to our commercial fisheries service.
The team you will join is well-established, well-respected and provides an excellent working environment. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 ext 280 or email firstname.lastname@example.org