Principal Environmental Consultant - Dublin
Due to continued growth a new position has arisen for a Principal Environmental Consultant/Project Manager to join our established Irish Environment & Planning team based in our Dublin. You will be delivering professional consulting services to clients, primarily consisting of managing EIS and SEA type projects from concept through to planning and beyond on projects in Ireland and the UK (including project management, coordination of staff/subcontractors and client liaison).
The Environment & Planning team is part of a larger environmental team in Ireland comprising 30 environmental specialists including EIA, noise, contaminated land, waste and hydrogeological consultants and we represent the largest contaminated land/ remediation-focused team in Ireland.
- Responsibility for scoping, preparing and delivering EIA projects
- Work Winning
- Liaison with the Environment & Planning teams in the UK&I
- Project management and supervision / mentoring of junior staff
- Health and Safety aspects of site work project.
- Developing proposals for potential projects.
- Managing project set up, implementation and finances
- Liaising with clients
- Being familiar with the quality management system and ensure its effective implementation by the team for all projects and proposals
Minimum Requirements ?
- Relevant postgraduate qualification and relevant experience in industry/consultancy preferred
- Project management and client-facing experience
- EIA and SEA management experience
- Experience of working in a corporate environment (within or outside of environmental consultancy)
- Self-starting and highly motivated approach to work
- Good understanding of Environmental Legislation, data review and risk assessment.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Strong team worker - able to listen to requirements and work well with others.
- Attention to detail and a thorough, flexible approach to work.
- A quality- and safety-oriented approach
- Strong communication skills at all levels (verbal and written).
- Project Management skills and experience
- Personnel/Subcontractor management experience
- Client contact and proposal/tender preparation experience
- Full, clean Driving License
- Preferred Qualifications Minimum:
- Degree in Environmental Science or Environmental Engineering.
MSc/PhD degree in Environmental Engineering / Environmental Science or relevant specialism
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org