|Job Title:||Principal Environmental Consultant - Manchester|
|Location:||Manchester, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||Up to £45000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Barrie Dempster|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Principal Environmental Consultant - Manchester
Due to the success of my client, they now have an opening for a Principal Environmental Consultant to join a growing Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) & Environmental Management (EM) team in central Manchester. You will be joining a dynamic and growing team within a leading multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy servicing a wide range of commercial, energy, government, property, transport and utilities clients.
The EIA/EM teams are currently supporting clients on a range of nationally and regionally important planning applications, public inquiries and the environmental management of projects before, during and after construction. You will have an influential role in these projects from the outset and lead our response to new market opportunities.
- Project leadership including management of project staff and resources, senior level client engagement and close management of project finances,
- Leading EIA projects and other environmental studies,
- Coordinating and writing reports related to nationally significant EIA and EM projects,
- Supervision of multi-disciplinary teams,
- Client relationship management to support repeat business,
- Line management of junior staff,
- Working with regulators and liaising with clients,
- Leading the preparation of proposals and tenders,
- Pro-active business development to identify new opportunities and win profitable new business.
- Around ten years of previous consultancy experience in a directly related field,
- Experience in one or more of the following sectors would be desirable: conventional power, renewable energy and associated electrical infrastructure, transport, property and electricity transmission,
- A successful track record of winning new work,
- Comprehensive knowledge of UK environmental legislation,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills,
- Good team player, with the ability to work independently, and
- Enthusiastic and well organised.
- BSc degree level qualified in a relevant subject,
- Preferably MSc qualified in environmental impact assessment, environmental management or a closely related subject,
- Full member of IEMA and/or Chartered Environmentalist.
Salary and benefits:
- £Commensurate with experience,
- Contributory pension scheme,
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare, vouchers and private health care,
- Regular training and career development.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org