We are recruiting for a Principal Geotechnical Engineer in London, working for our client who are one of the leading international multi-disciplinary consultancies, who cover a vast range of ground breaking projects that are both challenging and rewarding, offering the opportunity to deliver a better world.
They cover all elements of Ground Engineering serving a wide range of end markets, including some key specialisms in tunnelling, housing projects, ports and large linear infrastructure development.
Our client requires ambitious team players with the technical and commercial skills, knowledge and experience to take day to day responsibility for delivery of projects and tasks, ensuring technical quality and adherence to budget and programme. The role will suit those who can work with a high degree of independence, prepare fee proposals for external and internal clients and lead the input to projects from desk study/ feasibility through ground investigation and interpretation to final design.
The minimum requirements are:
- Possess strong problem solving and inter-personal skills, working closely and collaboratively with colleagues and clients in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to write clear and concise technical reports and documents.
- A wide range of experience, knowledge and skills in geotechnical engineering and/or engineering geology.
- A strong working knowledge of UK ground conditions and ground investigation practice.
- Clean driving licence.
- You will preferably have good knowledge of Network Rail and Highways England design and reporting processes.
- Candidates should be willing to travel within the UK.