Allen & York are delighted to be working exclusively with the UK's largest Engineering and Environmental Consultancy group. As part of a significant recruitment project to grow the Ground Engineering team, we are working on upwards of 15 vacancies across the Engineering Geology and Geotechnics teams in the South East.
We have 3 vacancies for Principal Geotechnical Engineers across 3 locations in the South East. Responsibilities will include:
- Scoping, tendering and administering ground investigations and acting as the Engineer;
- Design of geotechnical works including slope stability, foundations, retaining structures, earthworks and ground improvement;
- Reporting to the design team leader you will also interface directly with other ground engineering team members, from graduate to Directors and with other internal design teams and various disciplines;
- You will have strong development skills and the technical ability, knowledge and competence to provide guidance and teaching of others, particularly junior staff, if required;
- Ability to work collaboratively and iteratively within a multi-disciplinary design team, to ensure work packages are delivered on time and within budget;
- Establishing strong working relationships with other internal teams, ensuring there is regular liaison between teams.
- As a Principal Geotechnical Engineer you will relevant experience enabling you to have developed a range of ground engineering knowledge and skills.
- You will be a geotechnical engineer with a proven track record in the successful technical delivery of projects;
- You will be able to write clear and concise technical reports;
- You will have a valid UK driving licence;
- Due to the location of some of the projects you must be willing to travel within the UK.
- Be familiar with software such as SlopeW, gINT, Oasys suite, gINT, Slope WALLAP and the Rocscience suite.
- A first degree in geology, engineering geology or civil engineering.
- A Masters or PhD in a geotechnical subject would be an advantage.
- Chartership, ideally with ICE.
This is a fantastic chance to join one of the UK's best GE teams. Contact Tom Herbert on 01202 888986.