Principal Geotechnical Engineer / Engineering Geologist
Are you an experienced Geotechnical Engineer, with experience working in a multi-disciplinary environment, looking for a great new role?
We're looking for practical and dedicated 'all-rounder' to join an already established geotechnical and environmental team and be responsible for the continued development of more junior staff, client base and help to manage geo-environmental workload across the south. If this sounds like you, read on!
- Understanding of the role of engineering geology and geotechnical engineering in the design of the built environment with a particular focus on residential, commercial and retail developments and all associated infrastructure.
- Understanding of the behaviour of soils and rocks in the UK with a particular emphasis on the engineering behaviour of glacial and fluvioglacial soils.
- Understanding of earthworks including experience of the preparation of earthworks specifications, monitoring of earthworks construction, placement and monitoring of structural fill and preparing earthworks validation reports.
- Technically experienced in soil structure interaction, geotechnical design and interpretation. This should include; ground model determination and parameter derivation, slope stability assessment, shallow and deep foundation design, ground improvement optioneering and design, retaining wall design, ground movement assessment.
- Experience in the overseeing of the construction process including piling works, earthworks and foundations;
- Experience in temporary and permanent works design
- Experience of managing a team of staff including matching workload to resources
- Experience of managing large numbers of projects for multiple Clients with conflicting deadline priorities
- Required - BSc in Geology, Engineering Geology or BEng in Civil Engineering
- Desirable - MSc in Engineering Geology or Geotechnical Engineering
- Required - Minimum 15 years' experience in a civil engineering / geotechnical engineering consultancy of which at least 10 years must be in the UK
- Desirable - Chartered Geologist or Chartered Engineer
Why this role?
The client we are working with is committed to offering plenty of opportunities for personal and professional growth and development. With a competitive salary, lifestyle and wellbeing benefits, this is a great role to achieve your personal goals and be part of a well-established team of engineering geologists, and geo-environmental and geo-technical engineers.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above, or send an email to Tom at: email@example.com to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.