On behalf of our client we are seeking to appoint a Principal Consultant to join a senior team of Health & Safety professionals.
You will have a focus and experience within Safety Risk or operational risk with a strong academic record to include a relevant Degree qualification and a recognised Health & Safety qualification.
Applicants must have a willingness and flexibility for UK travel as the role requires a large amount of customer contact.
You will be able to demonstrate clear delivery capability (both project management of complex projects and technical competence) combined with tangible business development experience.
- Demonstrable credibility in front of clients –through delivery and/or sales
- Able to contribute to the business through leading case delivery
- Proven track record of business development at CEO or Director levels
Technical competence and ability to manage projects and quality of experience is important.
Experience in operational/safety risk management (for Principal including 5 years minimum consulting experience) across a suitable combination of our core service offers, which can include:
- Independent operation/safety review
- Development of operational/safety risk management systems
- Supply chain/contractor operational/safety risk management
- Operational/safety leadership assessment
- Operational/safety culture assessment and development
- Senior management training in operational/safety risk management
- Operational/safety risk assessment
- Rail/metro/bus/coach (any operating or engineering background)
- Construction/infrastructure operation and development
- Manufacturing, other asset intensive industries
- Energy Industries – e.g. Oil and Gas (up or downstream), Chemicals, Utilities.
Consulting skills (necessary for Principal)
- Experience across the lifecycle of consulting engagements from first phase diagnostics, through solution design and implementation planning and delivery
- Able to lead teams, and manage a case, working closely with a senior / partner on an engagement
- Strong team working competence, good communicator
Business Development (necessary for Principal)
- Has already shown he/she can operate in a sell/deliver capacity, leveraging own position within a client engagement to generate ongoing revenues.
- Shown strong interest and proactiveness in taking a leading role in developing new business through setting up, participating in, and following up sales meetings
We are seeking someone who is looking for a longterm career prospect and who will be proactive in developing their client base.
The opportunity offers continual personal development with the potential for a Director position within the business.
This role offers the flexibility to work from home 1 or 2 days a week when not visiting clients.
We look forward to receiving your application