Lead Mineral & Waste Planner
One of the UK's leading development companies, specialising in Minerals and Waste, is looking to recruit a professionally qualified Lead Mineral & Waste Planner to progress their career within the waste & minerals industry.
Your duties will include;
- To coordinate and prepare planning applications, environmental statements, planning advice and documentation for the company's development projects as part of a multi-disciplinary project team.
- To provide planning assessments and advice to the minerals. waste, renewables and property business teams.
- To work with the business teams to assist in new site identification through analysis of opportunities and constraints.
- To liaise with planning authorities, statutory agencies and other consultees ensuring that their information requirements are met and to work with the project teams to develop planning determination strategies to successfully secure planning permissions.
- To develop the strategy, co-ordinate and prepare for planning appeals, including all statements, and, if necessary, to act as an expert planning witness at Public Inquiries.
- To assist in community liaison and attend exhibitions and meetings in support of the company's development schemes.
- To develop contacts with planning authorities and other organisations with the aim of widening and maintaining our information and contacts base to support the company's activities.
- To monitor and liaise with planning authorities over their review of Development Plans and to make appropriate responses to ensure that the company's projects and activities are represented.
- To monitor, report and prepare responses to national, regional and local authority consultation papers.
- To carry out research and report on development issues associated with the company's business activities.
- To procure and manage consultants working in the planning, environmental and research areas e.g. planners, highway consultants, architects and environmental consultants.
- To project manage specified projects in accordance with the company's project management system.
- To work on specific projects as required by the Planning Director which will be commensurate with your skill level, experience and complexity of project issues to be addressed.
- To manage and be responsible for Development Planner(s) and other staff (student placements/graduate trainees) reporting direct to you.
- To manage the workload for your area (as allocated by the Planning Director) by ensuring that the workload/resource balance is achieved to deliver the agreed targets.
- To actively promote the Planning and Development with Care philosophies within the organisation and ensure compliance with Divisional Values and Group Systems and procedures assisting the Planning Director to update relevant parts of the system.
- To promote the image of the client to ensure we are regarded as a first class company.
Skills & Experience
- RTPI/RICS qualified
- Town and Country Planning
- Minerals Planning
- People Skills, be able to influence both internal and external stakeholders.
You will be leading the project team, and will be responsible for at least 2 junior staff members.
Candidates must have experience within the minerals industry, together with local council planning.
Salary £Competitive + company car + bonus