|Job Title:||Principal/Associate Director - Geotechnics|
|Salary:||£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Herbert|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Due to an increased workload at their London office, our client has an opportunity for a Principal Engineer to join their successful team. This is a chance to join a leading independent Ground Engineering consultancy, who recently won the Ground Engineering Consultancy of the year. For the right individual, there may be the opportunity for an Associate level role to be created.
We are searching for someone with a mixed background of technical, managerial and operations experience. Crucially, your specialism will be in residential and basement projects, rather than pure infrastructure.
The attributes needed to fulfil this role successfully are:
- A sound understanding of London ground conditions with deep basement and geostructural/temporary works experience
- Competent in piling, piled walls, foundation and retaining wall design, soil nails, ground anchors and the planning, implementation and interpretation of site investigations
- Experience of delivering detailed design engineering solutions, drawings and specifications for slope stability, earthworks, basements, deep excavations and retaining structures
- Able to work in collaboration with other engineering disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and gain a good understanding of their sectors to foster effective and enduring relationships
- Ability to manage a challenging workload
- A team player with a mature approach including first class interpersonal skills
- Ability to be a Geotechnical Leader for the developing site investigation and design team with experience of mentoring
- Appreciation of practice management and the commercial control of projects
- Ability to assist the Regional Director in managing the London team with a focus on delivering projects to a high standard
- A work winner who can contribute to business development
- Must be numerate, FEM aware, a problem solver, pragmatic, innovative, have integrity and be a team player
Ideal candidates will also have the following credentials:
- Chartered Membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers or appropriate professional body
- 8+ years' experience of working on relevant geotechnical projects in the UK
If you would like to talk about this role further, please contact Tom Herbert at Allen & York. 01202 888986.