Principal/Associate Director Marine EIA
An exciting opportunity to join a leading consultancy and to lead their existing marine team. This full time role can either be based from their offices in Cheshire or Bristol.
The successful candidate will join the growing marine team that forms part of the consultancies international team. The role will have a focus on a range of energy projects, particularly international developments (such as oil and gas infrastructure), but will also contribute to UK marine projects. You would lead the technical and project management of assignments with a number of high profile clients. Candidates should be technically confident with the ability to both lead and work independently, and as part of a team.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Leading the completion of UK and International ESIAs and other supporting documents for Development Applications
- Working with a range of in-house and subcontracted technical specialists based both in the UK and Internationally
- Specifying and reviewing technical work
- Scoping and managing marine surveys
- Leading and contributing to tenders for large scale marine projects
- Interacting effectively with clients and stakeholders
- A willingness to travel would be preferred, but is not essential.
Desired experience and qualities:
The successful candidate would have as a minimum:
- 10-15 years experience in international marine EIA
- MSc or equivalent experience in marine science, with preference (though not essential) for technical expertise in geology or oceanography
- Experience of project & financial management, with ability to independently run projects on a day-to-day basis
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills
- Good business development outlook and the ability to communicate effectively with clients and external bodies
- Competence and confidence in report writing and reviewing the reports of others
- In addition, preference would be given to candidates who have experience dealing with International Lender requirements.
Salary and Benefits
- £commensurate with experience
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care
- Regular training and development
I look forward to receiving your application shortly or call Zoe Payne on 01202 888 986 ext 202