|Job Title:||Principal /Associate EIA Consultant - Southampton|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Barrie Dempster|
|Job Published:||9 months ago|
Principal /Associate EIA Consultant
Due to continued growth and an increased workload my client is looking to appoint a Principal. Associate EIA Consultant in Southampton. The national EIA team has an established workload and excellent reputation, with high standards demonstrated through membership of IEMA's EIA Quality Mark scheme. This is a chance to join an outward thinking Consultancy with a great reputation.
The main duties and responsibilities of the Principal/Associate / EIA Consultant will include:
- EIA Co-ordination and Project Management - co-ordination and management of EIA and similar projects, including client liaison, production of 'front end' chapters of Environmental Statements, management of internal and external specialists, report review, and management of project finances.
- Business Development - compiling tenders and undertaking activities such as internal and external presentations to assist in developing new business for the EIA team.
The Consultant must have proven experience of co-ordinating EIAs within a consultancy company, development company or similar organisation. Experience of undertaking associated types of projects would be highly beneficial, such as SEA/SA and environmental permitting, as would be linked specialist skills, such as Ecology, Archaeology, Acoustics or Air Quality. The Principal/Associate EIA Consultant must have a relevant degree, and ideally also a postgraduate degree, in an environment-related subject. Membership of a relevant professional institution would be advantageous.
The role offers an excellent opportunity for career development within a growing team and for gaining experience of EIA co-ordination for a wide range of development types in a range of sectors, from energy and transport infrastructure to commercial developments and defence.
- Reporting to the national EIA Team Leader.
- Management of relationships with key customers, suppliers and contacts relevant to team.
- Providing professional advice and support across the business.
- Increase awareness of services in the geographical area of appointment and wider market.
- Development of business opportunities including input to and implementation of markets strategy.
- Effective management of and responsibility for large EIA and related projects including input to fee proposals, technical report writing and reviewing, tracking of project costs and providing support to junior team members on projects.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Good business development skills and strong ambition to develop these skills.
- Confident and pragmatic client manager with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate on appropriate technical and commercial levels internally and to a diverse range of current and potential clients in a highly professional manner.
- Excellent team working and project management skills.
- Experience of working in teams and independently with a proactive approach to progressing schemes.
- Proven experience in EIA
- Supervisory / some line management experience
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and its application
- Understanding and operation of management systems for quality, financial and project controls
- Relevant industry experience
- Membership of an appropriate professional body (e.g. IEMA, CIWEM, CIEEM) or ability to apply.
- Eye for detail to assist in report reviews.
- Good IT skills including MS Word and Excel.
- Full driving licence.
- Relevant degree as a minimum.
- Experience in SEA, SA, ESIA and environmental auditing
- Additional specialist skills and experience e.g. in ecology, air quality, noise or archaeology
- Chartered Environmentalist or ability to apply.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email email@example.com