Do you want to work for a global organisation? Working on some of the UK's most prestigious and challenging infrastructure and building projects.
This role gives a fantastic opportunity to work with also projects abroad within the rail industry.
Job based London or Croydon
- BEng/BSc Degree qualified in Mechanical / Building Services Engineering, MEng / MSc preferred
- Chartered Engineer (CEng)
- Able to understand and express technical concepts, create reports and attend client meetings using excellent written and verbal language
- Extensive building service engineering experience in design consultancy environment
- Proven knowledge of mechanical / building services design, installations and commissioning
- Be a competent user of office IT and design tools i.e. Hevacomp, IES, NES or NBS, AutoCAD/Revit etc.
- Experience in Sustainability & BREEAM and its influences on mechanical design
- Good understanding of the National and regional planning policies, legislations and building regulation
- Able to make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in proactive way
- Capable of work under pressure and able to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Experience of working in a multidisciplinary environment and bring value from assimilated wider knowledge of other disciplines.
- Able to see wider picture outside own discipline in project and business context, is essential
- Be willing to be mobile, travel within the UK and abroad for project related work when required
Duties & Responsibilities
You will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of projects to meet budget, time-frames and quality targets, meeting or exceeding client expectations, promoting and marketing all facets of the company's services during interfaces with clients and other sectors and disciplines, contributing towards the achievement of the divisional business plan and to build networks within the industry. We will ensure that we offer personal development which will allow you to progress your career and give you the best possible chance of success.
- To undertake mechanical building services design on UK and international projects with a good understanding of regulatory requirements and relevant standards
- Delivery of allocated technical assignments including Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning systems, Public health systems, Sustainable technologies, Renewable Energy systems, etc.
- To undertake consultancy assignments and providing advisory support to clients and contribute to formulation of design concepts and approaches.
- To undertake design checks and reviews before issue.
- Support senior managers running the commercial and contractual side of projects.
- Support managers identifying new business opportunities and involvement in bids/tenders etc.
- Maintain good relationships with client's key representative, and contribute to the marketing/networking of the company to potential customers
- Contribute to the overall team development and growth through strategic inputs, bringing market intelligence, skill development, mentoring and bringing required talent
- Line management responsibility for assigned staff
- Design management, team leadership / mentoring and client relationship skills
- Ensure consistent high quality design delivery
- Help generate repeat business from both internal and external client.