Want to join a leading Engineering and Design Consultancy as a Principal Structural Civil Engineer and work on high profile, challenging UK rail projects?
Allen & York are working with this top organisation as they look to expand their rail team. Who are currently working on numerous and technically complex rail schemes, this is a successful team and one that will be kept very busy and strive to be the best!
About the role
You will report to the Technical Director and be responsible for providing technical support on numerous projects, working through to delivery stage whilst leading a team to ensure you meet and smash client expectations. Based in a great work environment at their offices in Surrey.
- Constant liaison with stakeholders and clients to resolve issues and provide technical support and guidance.
- Full project investigation, analysis, design tasks and overseeing designs of junior staff.
- Management of design documentation and reports
- Involvement with bids and tenders.
- Review of engineering works to ensure precision and compliance with H&S regulations and regulatory changes.
- Team leadership to include delegation of tasks, review of work and mentoring of junior team members.
You will have an engineering degree, combined with a strong background in structural design, supervised large scale projects and have a passion for engineering.
- Degree qualified in engineering field.
- Major experience in structural design, rail platforms and stations would be advantageous.
- Previously worked within professional services environment.
- Effective people management skills with confidence to influence and motivate others and delegate tasks.
- Customer facing skills with clear and concise communication, including presentation skills. Used to dealing with and handling clients i.e. Network Rail.
- Flexibility to travel UK and if required overseas.
- Preferably a Chartered Engineer (or very close to achieving)!
As well as being challenged and working with inspiring people in "state of the art" offices you be rewarded with a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, the kind you expected with a highly regarded, market leading organisation.
For more information, or to apply please contact Rachel Gladdis at Allen & York.