|Principal Structural Engineer|
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare fee proposals for senior management approval, including resources and programme.
- Manage the workload and oversee technical and commercial management of a small team.
- Develop detailed methodologies, delegating preparation of tasks as appropriate.
- Assess resource requirements at each stage of the project.
- Deliver projects within timescale, budget constraints and quality expectations.
- Oversee the response to design queries during construction phase and attend site meetings.
- Communicate project's critical issues in a timely manner to Directors and clients.
- Mentor junior engineers and graduates.
- Anticipate challenges and project risks and recommend necessary mitigating measures, and where necessary relay to clients.
Required qualifications, skills and knowledge
- Educated to a degree level in a Civil / Structural Engineering.
- Ideally Chartered or near Chartered Status (MIStructE or MICE).
- At least ten years' varied experience as a structural engineer on all common forms of construction and building types.
- Excellent report writing, communication and numerical skills required
- Proficient in the use of structural analysis and design software including CSC Fastrak, Tekla Structural Designer, TEDDS and SCALE.
- Experience of assessing existing structures is an advantage.