Position Title Senior/Principal Structural Engineer
Job Category Engineering - Structural Business Line Water
Office Location UK - Exeter
Job Summary Are you a Structural Engineer with experience in technical delivery of water engineering projects. We have exciting opportunities within our established Water teams nationally and would like to hear from all interested candidates at varying levels.
You will work alongside project managers and Technical Leads throughout the project design and delivery cycle, making technical decisions in various design stages of water and wastewater utility projects to include carrying out feasibility studies, reference designs, detailed designs, and preparing reports and technical specifications.
Depending on your level of experience, you may be asked to mentor, oversee or manage design staff.
- As a Structural Engineer, you will work closely with the Water and other supply discipline teams nationwide. You will to deliver a high calibre of technical quality, contribute to bids, and interface with clients and collaborators in design and planning. You will seek innovation and trial new methods, being inquisitive by nature. You will thrive on the technical challenges of heavy civil and structural engineering projects.
- You will see delivery through from conception to handover. Some of these projects will be large-scale and prestigious cv-builders. You may also be required to contribute to and attend industry events and conferences.
- This role will include visits to site to carry out site surveys and the support of liaisons with clients, government authorities, contractors, suppliers. You will be tasked with delivering to agreed budget, programme and quality along with supporting the preparation of project budget & programme.
- A range of analysis and design experience, particularly of reinforced concrete and steelwork structures.
- Ability to coordinate, liaise and engage with clients and key stakeholders
- Experience managing the technical delivery of large scale water engineering projects with multi-disciplinary knowledge.
- Water and wastewater treatment project experience across feasibility, outline, detailed design, construction support extremely desirable.
- Able to take responsibility for producing, checking and approving engineering reports and designs
- A degree or equivalent in civil or structural engineering
- Membership of/Working toward a relevant professional chartered institute; for example, ICE, IStructE
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee.